This problem is really strange because my data has two long fields, and my
search/filter works for one of them but not the other.

Even weirder, I tried to create a curl reproducer for this with the exact
same data and that works fine!

Details here:

https://gist.github.com/EricWittmann/86864fd897a6f7496fd4

That shows the mapping of the auditEntry document type.  It then shows two
queries, the first using "id" as the sort.  This query fails with:

"QueryPhaseExecutionException[[apiman_manager][0]:
query[ConstantScore(cache(_type:auditEntry))],from[0],size[20],sort[<custom:
\"id\":
org.elasticsearch.index.fielddata.fieldcomparator.LongValuesComparatorSource@730c1326>!]:

Query Failed [Failed to execute main query]]; nested:
ClassCastException[org.elasticsearch.index.fielddata.AtomicFieldData$WithOrdinals$1

cannot be cast to org.elasticsearch.index.fielddata.AtomicNumericFieldData];
"

The second is the same query but sorting on "createdOn".  This query seems
to work fine.

Any help appreciated!

-Eric

PS: Originally found this using ES 1.3.2, but also tested using 1.3.8.