On Thursday, March 05, 2015 at 22:56 CET,
     Mark Walkom <markwal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On 6 March 2015 at 01:39, KaranM <[1]karan.mu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I want to globally set the following for all current string fields
> > for an Index and also for the future(new) string fields on that
> >
> > Can some some one send example or link that has example, I was
> > researching and could not find one.
> >
> > "index": "not_analyzed",Â
> > "analyzer":"whitespace"
>
> You cannot set it globally, you have to do it for each field.

Wait, isn't this what dynamic templates are for?

http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/en/elasticsearch/guide/current/custom-dynamic-mapping.html#dynamic-templates

--
Magnus Bäck                | Software Engineer, Development Tools
magnus.b...@sonymobile.com | Sony Mobile Communications