I keep getting an error like this: "Courier Fetch: 5 of 270 shards failed."
in Kibana 4.0.1.

After some Googling, I think it has something to do with @timestamp not
existing for some of my data. But I'm not sure, because
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/elasticsearch/L6AG3dZOGJ8/discussion was
solved by not searching the kibana indexes. I'm only searching my logstash
indexes. And I'm still getting that error.

In kibana 4 I went to Settings->Indices and made sure I only have
logstash-* listed under Index Patterns.

I did recently update the template to what was in the logstash git HEAD.

See http://pastebin.com/w7PmHxXS for my /var/log/elasticsearch/index.log
output. As well as the template I'm using. It's at the bottom of the paste.

I did check with curl -XGET 'http://localhost:9200/_cat/shards?pretty=true'
to see if any shards had issues. They all had "STARTED" as their status.

Any suggestions?