You shouldn't sent MIN and MAX just use ES_HEAP_SIZE and it will set both,
you shouldn't also change the threadpools unless you understand and are
aware of what they entail.

I think the problem here would most likely be write consistency -
http://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/docs-index_.html#index-consistency