Phani,

We just released Shield 1.1 and 1.2
(https://www.elastic.co/blog/shield-1-1-and-1-2-released). LDAP user search
is included and may be worth trying out. If you were to use it, I think
your configuration would look something like:

shield:
  authc:
    realms:
      ldap1:
        type: ldap
        order: 0
        url: "ldap://ldapserver:389";
        bind_dn: "cn=Manager,dc=test,dc=org"
        bind_password: changeme
        user_search:
          base_dn: "ou=People,dc=test,dc=org"
        group_search:
          base_dn: "dc=test,dc=org"

This assumes the "cn=Manager,dc=test,dc=org" is a user with search
credentials on the ldap. The earlier questions I had about groups would
still apply