Hi

I am using upsert bulk api with ES 1.4.1. The problem is, I get the
following errors so frequently.

Error messages is

"error" -> "ElasticsearchIllegalArgumentException[failed to execute
script]; nested: GroovyScriptExecutionException[NullPointerException[Cannot
execute null+null]]; "

and the upsert payload is

{
    "params": {
        "count": 1
    },
    "script": "ctx._source.logcount += count",
    "upsert": {
        "ts": 1427842500662,
        "logcount": 1,
        "EVENT_TYPE": "NF_ERRORS"

I stripped out a few fields to reduce the space.

When I retrieve the document from ES, I found something weird, the document
is showing upsert payload itself.

{
    "_index": "nf_errors_log20150331",
    "_type": "default",
    "_id":
"23797375spider-i-c5a68429com.netflix.cloudservice.resources.JarVersions.JarVersionsController115",
    "_version": 662,
    "found": true,
    "_source": {
        "params": {
            "count": 1
        },
        "script": "ctx._source.logcount += count",
        "upsert": {
            "ts": 1427842522664,
            "logcount": 1,
            "EVENT_TYPE": "NF_ERRORS"

Do you have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thank you
Best, Jae