I am using EsInputFormat on EC2 to query data from Elasticsearch.

Example document:

{
    "feature_key": {
        "brand_name": "  ",
        "product_type": "HOME",
        "language_tag": "ja_JP"
    },
    "stats": {
        "1_count": 0,
        "2_count": 1,
        "3_count": 1,
    },
}

The brand_name field contains the IDEOGRAPHIC WHITESPACE character
(whitespace in Japanese). I have disabled analyze on the feature_key field
and all its sub-fields. After I finished indexing all documents, if I query
through the rest end point, the document gets returned as is.

But using the EsInputFormat to query the document returns null value in the
brand_name field.

{
    "feature_key": {
        "brand_name": null,
        "product_type": "HOME",
        "language_tag": "ja_JP"
    },
    "stats": {
        "1_count": 0,
        "2_count": 1,
        "3_count": 1,
    },
}

How can change this behavior? I do not want the _source/document to be
modified in any way.

Thanks,
Suchin