That's due to a bug in Hive (I assume you are running version 0.13).
This has been fixed in the dev version which is available from maven [1]

[1]
http://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/hadoop/master/install.html#download-dev

On 4/9/15 6:33 PM, valentin.dupont...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi all,

    Hadoop 2.5.1
    ElasticSearch-Hadoop : 2.0.2
    OS : Centos 7

My hive script below basically read data from one Elastic instance to process
it. Then it writes it back to an other
Elastic instance. The process phase is not yet implemented.

ADD JAR
hdfs://adress_ip:port/path/elasticsearch-hadoop-2.0.2.BUILD-SNAPSHOT.jar;

--Reading
CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE in(clientip STRING,bytes BIGINT)
STORED BY 'org.elasticsearch.hadoop.hive.EsStorageHandler'
TBLPROPERTIES('es.resource'='access-2015.01.30/apache-access','es.nodes'='ip_address:port');

--Writing
CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE out(client STRING, BIGINT)
ROW FORMAT SERDE 'org.elasticsearch.hadoop.hive.EsSerDe'
STORED BY 'org.elasticsearch.hadoop.hive.EsStorageHandler'
TBLPROPERTIES('es.resource'='access/clientrequest','es.nodes'='ip_address:port');

INSERT OVERWRITE TABLE out
SELECT *
FROM cin;

It works when my table out only has one column. However i'm getting this error
as soon as i try to add more columns :

... error parsing conf job.xml
... lineNumber: 640; columnNumber: 51; referenced character "&#

Did someone already have the same problem?

Thank
Valentin

elasticsearch+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
<mailto:elasticsearch+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.