On 28/04/2015 15:33, Maarten Roosendaal wrote:
Hi,

We have users typing stuff like "food for dogs" and we've indexed the
data with "dogfood". What is the best strategy to get a match with
elasticsearch's filters and or analyzers?

Very much depends on the relation between the terms entered and the terms in your index. If they're simply synonyms, ES has facilities for this (http://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/guide/master/using-synonyms.html), if not you need to look at how to add the missing terms to your index (term expansion at index time, for example you could use WordNet or a similar public resource to add related terms) or at query time.

Can you give a few more examples?

Charlie

Thanks,
Maarten