As said, it depends.

When bulk-indexing documents, for example, my multi-threaded workload is
network-bound. It can easily be made CPU-bound by pre-processing documents
in single thread mode. Certain queries are CPU-bound, others not. If I
retrieve millions of documents in a row, decompression overweighs query
execution and result transport time. There are many knobs to turn, for
example, caching, or scan/scroll. Because of this, there is no fixed rule
for all situations.

Jörg