http://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/1.5/cat-pending-tasks.html
http://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/1.5/cluster-pending.html

The documentation says a task (or a cluster level task) are things like
creating index, updating mapping, shard state.
Does this apply to writing documents to the index?

In our test code, it looks like document writes (indexing) is not happening
fast enough for search immediately.
Quick solution currently is by calling timer:sleep(seconds). I wonder if
there is a better way to get feedback from elastic about the current write
load?

Thanks,
David

--