Hi,

Thanks for you answer. Following the instructions above, I have created 1
template to handle a daily based index with multi types. I created a json
file which I dropped under config/templates.
 file name is *tpl-INDEX_NAME.json*
 content :

{
    "tpl-INDEX_NAME" : {
        "template" : "INDEX_NAME-*",
        "settings" : {
            "number_of_shards" : 5,
            "number_of_replicas": 0
        },
        "mappings" : {
            "_default_" : {
                "properties" : {

but when I post a document with INDEX_NAME-20150514, INDEX_TYPE1. Elastic
search uses a dynamic mapping :

[2015-05-14 18:49:32,395][INFO ][cluster.metadata         ] [host] [
INDEX_NAME-20150514] update_mapping [INDEX_TYPE1] (dynamic)

Any idea about what could be the missing part ?

BR.

On Sunday, 10 May 2015 23:37:06 UTC+2, Mark Walkom wrote:

> You want to look at
> http://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/indices-templates.html
> Also, the link you provided earlier is from 0.90.X, which is now really
> old. If you are on that version it's best to upgrade.
>

> PS - We're moving to https://discuss.elastic.co/, please join us there
> for any future discussions!
>
> On 11 May 2015 at 06:49, Mohamed TEYEB <mohame...@gmail.com <javascript:>>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Right now, I have only one index which does contain 1 type. So I did
>> create the mapping and place under the config/mapping as explained by the
>> documentation :
>> http://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/0.90/mapping-conf-mappings.html
>> .
>>
>> For the future, I would like to do the following :
>> - Index will be daily : index_name_*YYYYMMDD*
>> - Index will contains N types : index_name_*type1*, index_name_*type2*,
>> ... index_name_*typeN*
>> - All types will have the same format/mapping.
>>
>> How can I handle this case with a pre-configured mapping set in the
>> sub-folder config/mapping ?
>> I know that I can handle it somehow but putting a default mapping, but
>> will it work with more than one index case?
>>  Example :  I would do a default mapping for all indexes which have a
>> common prefix (INDEX_A_*YYYYMMDD* => mapping_A, INDEX_B_*YYYYMMDD* =>
>> mapping_B, etc ...)
>>
>> BR/
>>
>> --
>> Please update your bookmarks! We moved to https://discuss.elastic.co/