Sorry to bother you @Mark, but this term *appropriate heap size* always
haunts me. Suppose, I have 2 virtual machines (4 core, 8 gb RAM each).
According to elasticsearch's documentation, half of RAM should be allocated
to elasticsearch. So, this is what I came up with:

Node1: Elasticsearch 1.5.2 *Master-Data* node with 4 gb HEAP (*server1*)
Node2: Elasticsearch 1.5.2 *Master-Only*(no data) node with 1 gb HEAP
(*server1*)
Node3: Elasticsearch 1.5.2 *Master-Data* node with 4 gb HEAP (*server2*)

Do you think this is a sane strategy? Moreover, if I make *Master-Only* node
(Node2) invisible to load balancer i.e. I simply won't include it at all,
will it still require 1 gb HEAP?
Please forgive me if I am asking something too naive.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/1432818693390-4074968.post%40n3.nabble.com.