Hi,

I would like to get the response including special characters in my query ,

1) I have seen using query string..  and my data sample is   :

*{ "MakeCode": "2",  "Year": "1987",  "Model": "APOLLO/SKYLARK",
"YearCode": "1987",  "EngineCode": "3", "Engine": "4-151  2.5L",
"ShortYear":"87", "Make": "BUICK", "ModelCode": "2"*

when I have used querystring query

 GET ymme/ymmetype/_search
{
    "size": 50,
"query": {
    "bool": {
        "must": [

           {
               "query_string": {

                  "query": "2 and APOLLO"
        ]
}-----> Am getting response

*If I query as:*

      "query_string": {

                  "query": "2 and APOLLO/"
               }
           }----->  throwing SearchPhaseExecutionException[Failed to
execute phase [query]

2) So How can I achieve query string to accept special characters like *('/',
'-', '(', ')', ':' ,'.')* , is it possible with query string? if yes then
which pattern I need I would like to know in detail..

3) Another approach also I have tried using "index_name" to keep all my
required field data under that 'index_name' field  inorder to search using
*match,
match_phrase, match_phrase_prefix* filters by changing my mapping as shown
below:

*Settings and mappings:*

PUT twitter1
{
    "settings": {

            "analysis": {
               "analyzer": {
                  "wordAnalyzer": {
                     "type": "custom",
                     "tokenizer": "whitespace"

      },
      "mappings": {
          "tweet1": {
           "properties": {
               "Engine": {
                   "index_name": "name",
                  "type": "string"
               },
               "EngineCode": {
                  "type": "string"
               },
               "Make": {
                   "index_name": "name",
                  "type": "string"
               },
               "MakeCode": {
                  "type": "string"
               },
               "Model": {
                   "index_name": "name",
                  "type": "string"
               },
               "ModelCode": {
                  "type": "string"
               },
               "ShortYear": {
                   "index_name": "name",
                  "type": "string"
               },
               "Year": {
                   "index_name": "name",
                  "type": "string"
               },
               "YearCode": {
                  "type": "string"
}--------------->"name": "Engine","Make","Model","ShortYear","Year"

I tried the following queries with *match, match_phrase,
match_phrase_prefix*:
using *match*

 "query": {
     "match": {
        "name": {
            "operator": "and",
            "query": "85 m"
This is not returning any records I tried with analyzer

GET twitter1/tweet1/_search
{
   "size": 20,
   "query": {
     "match": {
        "name": {
            "operator": "and",
            "query": "85 m",
            "analyzer": "wordAnalyzer"
}---------------> Then all the records are returning

using *match_phrase*:
"query": {

     "match_phrase": {
        "name": "85 m"
     }
   }-----------> no records are returning, if name: 85 mazda ( 1 record) is
returning

using *match_phrase_prefix*:
"query": {

     "match_phrase": {
        "name": "85 m"
     }
   }-----------> returning 3 records with 85 and m combination i.e.,
ShortYear and Make

But when I used another combination like ShortYear and Engine
example:

"query": {

     "match_phrase_prefix": {
        "name": "85 v"
     }
   }----------------> where "Engine": "V8-302  5.0L"  (0 records are
returning)

Any good approach to solve this problem such that the request may be at any
word any combination the relevant records need to return.
Can any one help me out to resolve this approach.

---
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/191c7d96-eac9-4372-8b14-f7deba1724bd%40googlegroups.com.