Hi all,

I'm debating pulling the trigger and picking up a K4D for MARS operation
and am interested in hearing from any active MARS (Army or Air Force)
members using the K4D (or K4) as their primary radio for MARS traffic
and/or nets.

I am primarily interested in things like
a) how difficult was it to get it to integrate with MARS software (msc,
noss, et al).
b) operation and performance on non-ham bands

I ask because this because there's not much info that I can find internally
for MARS regarding K4/K4D usage, and the only bit I have thus come across
outside of the occasional question here is a "review" by an individual on
eham from two or so years ago complaining of diminished power output and
random lockups of the system.  I understand that's only one person and that
it was some time ago, so things very well could have been operator error
and/or genuine bugs in the firmware, so either way, it never hurts to ask.

MARS members feel free to contact me off list, or reply here.. dealer's
choice there.

Thanks and 73
Reuben A. Popp
KF0OWR