Dear Folks:

It was an interesting discussion.  I thank you for your replies.

I have come to the conclusion that I will continue with my current setup.  I did get a quote from an electrician of $1200 to run a 240 line into my shack (primarily because the breaker box and the shack are on opposite sides of the house) and it doesn't appear to be worth the expenditure to do it for minimal gain (if any).

Special thanks to those of you who said you run your whole station off of a single outlet.  That's what really persuaded me. I do split my shack load between three outlets, with one of them powering the KPA500 alone.  When I had the amp on the same circuit as the K3s that drives it, the lights on that circuit would flicker slightly, but that stopped once I plugged the amp into its own separate outlet.

Take care all and 73 de Bernie, KF0QS