From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of KC2VNI
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2010 2:26 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] Using "Buddi Pole" Deluxe Antenna with K3

I have just gotten my radio set up thanks to W3DVX. It has both the
internal
ATU and 100W power amp options in it. I was wondering if any of you have
some tips on how to operate a Buddi Pole Deluxe antenna system? If you
have
any suggestions or some past experience, please advise.

Here are some of my questions:

1) Do you set the frequency 1st on the front of the radio AND then
activate
the tuner?

2) The antenna is rated for 250W. I would assume that this means it's
okay
to use the full 100W from the amp but I am concerned about the effects
of
SWR.

3) I was wondering if I'll get better results using the antenna as a
vertical or do I want to try it on horizontal dipole (I believe you get
about 16 feet of height above grade).

4) I was wondering if any one has had experience with the Buddipole on
SSB?

Please advise with whatever opinions you may have. Please know that I
recognize I'm probably not going to get more than say NVIS type of
propagation with this type of set-up (since I'm in a relatively flat
area
with no hills or the like).

73

KC2VNI-Steve