I dont think any one method is right, but I was surprised how difficult it was
not with patience and a sharp pair of flush cut nippers when I did the
following:

1) bend the tip lug in at about a 15 degree abgle
2) bend the wire so that it will fit through the hole and solder it in place
with not a lot of solder
3) bend the tip lug back up some while pulling the wire up and bending it at
the solder joint
4) only bend it back enough to ensure that it will not contact the aluminum
housing and trim the excess wire
5) repeat the above procedure for the ring lug, making sure there is sufficient
space around the ring lug wire where it threads through the channel from the
other side of the housing

Not that I didn't make any mistakes: I read the wire from the right connects to
the tip lug but missed the fact that they said in the above illustration and
assumed they meant as I would install it (as if everyone out there is a
right'ie like me).  So I wondered for a day why the paddle was running
backward.  So I had to do the procedure I outlined above again.  :-)

But it has worked fine ever since.  It is a brilliant design.  I have been
thinking how I can modify it ever so slightly to offer a non-iambic paddle mod
for the so many who seem to want one.  I feel I am almost there.  I will let
you all know as soon as I have a breakthrough.  Perhaps when I finish the
summer house work I will buy another one and work on this as well.  Wayne/Eric,
any chance I can get a spare paddle kit to experiment on?  You can have
whatever design I come up with if you want it.  :-)  Joking.  I'll probably
just buy another KXPD1 and give you guys whatever idea I come up with just the
same if you want it.

dt
.