Hello Martin and all, great thread, enjoying reading the responses.

I found having been stuck at 20 WPM head copy for some time that if I
increased the sending speed  above what I considered my normal reliable
receive speed  I could actually read longer words much easier and with less
stress than before.
What a pleasant surprise!  I could actually copy code much faster than I
thought.
I think you will start hearing the longer  more difficult words in larger
chunks and eventually hearing and decoding long whole words and wondering
how did I do that",  very cool.
So don't impose an artificial lower limit on yourself but regularly listen
to short code sessions at higher speed than you consider normal for yourself

I now do this at speeds up to 40WPM for practice, you may find a sweet spot
speed that suits you and it begins to click. Above 20WPM code actually
sounds better to me and I find I can headcopy conversational CW easier.

Good luck,

Deni

F5VJC GM3SKN