Hello Doc!

> Is this an issue with earlier versions of the KDSP2? I hear
> no thump with either the KDSP2 or KAF2.....or with out either
> installed....

With some K2s operating QSK there have been reports of a pop or click at the
switchover to receive.  It is related to the different delay through the DSP
versus no DSP.  Mods have been worked out an published.

Note that this is not present on all K2s; it depends somewhat on the
individual characteristics of the FETs used in the K2 audio muting circuit.
See

  http://www.qsl.net/la3za/K2/modAny.html#KDSP2

73,

Lyle KK7P