KX1 gurus: is it true that the offset is fixed at 600Hz?  I was under the
(mistaken?) impression that the offset changed when the sidetone pitch is
changed--i.e. if you set sidetone pitch to 500Hz, then you still zero beat
to your sidetone frequency to determine the received station's carrier freq
(as is described on p.66 of the manual).  Is that wrong?  Does zero beating
to match the sidetone pitch only work at 600Hz?
Thanks!
73,
Eric
N0HHS