Just got my first K2 - actually a K2/100 - and it has a problem. The tuning
knob does not change frequency or select menu items unless I push it really
hard toward the front panel. In other words, it feels like the shaft is not
turning anything unless it is pushed hard against the back of the encoder. Has
anyone had this problem? Clearly, replacing Z1 should correct it but I'm
wondering if I get inside it whether there's a screw behind the Z1 housing that
has become loose or something. Haven't opened it up yet but managed to muscle
it onto 14.025 and had a nice long QSO. Everything else seems to be working
just fine. Lastly, having not built it originally, I'm reverse engineering how
to remove the front panel to get at Z1. It looks like I should first open the
top of the case, remove the screws that secure the control board to the
front-panel board, then remove the four front panel screws and slip it off of
the mating connector to the RF board. Is that correct? Thanks in advance.

73,

Rob K6RB