They say that confession is good for the soul so perhaps I should detail my
foolish mistake.
I looked at the RFa bag bandolier, not too closely it turns out, and decided
that it wasn't carrying any 1/2 watt resistors. Not being able to find any
loose ones I counted up the number of resistors required for the RF board and
compared this to the number of R's on the bandolier ---two short!!! but I had
overlooked R115 and R116.
After a 'heads up' (I hope I'm using that term correctly) from Don Wilhelm I
looked again at the bandolier which, of course, was loaded with two 1/2 watts
in their ordained position.
I should not have been so quick to doubt Elecraft's reliability. My only worry
now is that the 'Mojo Fairy' might punish me for this --- perhaps if I record
my thanks to Christine, Walter, Judy and Somarian for a 100% perfect pack I
shall be forgiven.

Bill / VK4SQ

p.s. I didn't suffer your headache --- I'm the proud possessor of an AADE L/C
Meter --- outside of Elecraft the best $100 I ever spent.