On 7/6/04 1:41 PM, "wayne burdick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Eric Ward wrote:
>
>> Went through 2 airports (RDU and STL) this weekend.  KX1+ ~60ft of 26
>> ga
>> wire were in a Rubbermaid container, which I took out of my carry-on
>> and put
>> in bin to go through the x-ray.  One screener asked me if it was an
>> electronic device.  No one opened the Rubbermaid box.  I was surprised
>> it
>> did not attract more attention-circuit boards, a metal box, 6 AA
>> batteries,
>> a big coil of wire?!?
>
> Perhaps you don't match "The Profile," Eric  ;)
>
> 73,
> Wayne
> N6KR
>

> ---
>
> http://www.elecraft.com

I recently took a trip and did not take my KX1 because I was concerned about
potential problems at the airports.  I would like to hear about the
experiences of others who have traveled by plane with ham equipment.
Thanks!

72/73,Barry J. Minsky, W2BJ ARRL, QRP ARCI #8871,
NorCal #1560, QRP-L, FISTS #2701, Century Club
#569, Platinum #51, Silver #119, FISTS CW Club of
Coastal Georgia, Knightlites, Adventure Radio
Society #359, QCWA #29298, OOTC #3723, SOC #193,
K2 #577, K1 #98, KX1, Rock Mite