-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jim Brown
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 11:36 PM
To: elecraft
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Queries posted from sites that need the
answersauthenticated

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 18:51:49 -0500, Stuart Rohre wrote:

I use a SPAM filter. I also check my mailbox for email from people who don't
want
to be bothered with it, or think that they are somehow "above it all."

>The answer can be read on the list or not at all.

ALL replies to questions posted on the list ought to be posted to the list,
NOT to the
person posting. The exceptions would be replies of a personal nature, or
stuff that
is simply way off topic.

One of the basic premises of an email list is that if one person has a
technical
problem, others with similar interests are likely to have a similar problem
and be
interested in the answer. Another good reason for posting to the list is
that public
answers get the benefit of peer review, while private replies don't.

Jim Brown  K9YC