----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Friday, July 16, 2004 9:17 AM
Subject: [Elecraft] Your favorite bands

> It's been a while since I sent out a general question like this:  What
> is/are your favorite band(s) and why?  Let's hear lots of good stories

Since we're going astray...

The Stones, (esp the blues rooted older music)
Beatles, Sergeant Pepper, The White Album
The Yardbirds, the "root group" for the super groups of the 60's
Chicago/Blood Sweat & Tear, great Jazz/Rock/Fusion bands
The Beach Boys
Crosby Stills Nash & Young
Mama's and the Papas
Jimi Hendrix
Peter Paul & Mary
Led Zeplin
Paul Butterfield/Mike Bloomfield (esp Got my Mojo Workin')
Jethro Tull
Glen Miller
Dr. John
Professor Longhair
SRV & Double Trouble
The Doors
Manhattan Transfer
Kronos Quartet (Monks' Suite)
The Eagles
& lot's of others as long as it's Jazz/Blues rooted

Drifting back on Topic...

20 meters, great DX modest antenna requirements, good PSK activity. If a
major contest is in progress, 30m or 17m. If all that fails, I'll switch
to Satellite (TV not Ham Radio) and look for a good old B&W movie like
Casablanca. :-)

--
73, Rod N0RC