>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>> The conclusions of the article are to quote:
>>
>> "The IC-7800 is a most impressive radio. It surpasses all other radios
for

>> the amateur market with its level of features, built in modes and user
friendliness. The
>> measured performance in most areas is excellent, although the
>>
>>[snip]

Well, I have to agree with a lot of the sentiment expressed here - I have a
K2, and would like another one.  Certainly can't afford the price of an
IC-7800 - E or otherwise!! ;)

However I did have a chance to see 4 of them in play at our Field Day site
and operated one myself for a bit.  My net impression is an agreement with
the stuff between the [snip]s.

We were 4A with a GOTA station - perhaps 80 feet between each of the three
towers and a little more than that to the GOTO Windom.  The only problem
experienced was some RF interference with the headsets.  Pull the plug of
the headset and the interference was not heard in the speaker.  This is
running CW/SSB on the same bands with no auxiliary filtering.  It was a
radio that was very easy on the ears and very easy to use radio.

Would I buy one if I had that kind of discretionary cash - oh, probably!
But I would still keep my K2 QRP and add a KP2/100 as well.  But I don't so
I will just save some money for a K2/100.

Cheers,
-rick, K7LOG