After completing my K1, I have some suggested additions to the K1 Manual
Errata sheet.

1.  Page 16 - A better explanation of U1 installation is needed.  For
example, "If your IC has a notch at one end, align the notch with the one
on the outline, then place it on the board."

2.  Page 24, column 2, box 2:  Add "Unscrew each set screw so it
protrudes about 1/8 to 1/4 inch from the knob before placing knob on
potentiometer."

3.  Page 25, column 2, box 1:  Tell which is the top side of the RF
board.

4.  Page 30, column 2, box 2:  Add "Do NOT use a power supply over [3?]
amps as any short on the board could vaporize a trace.  Use caution
attaching any power supply wire to supplied mating plug." (More may need
to be said here about the correct and safe way to hook up a power supply
to the radio.)

5.  Page 42, column 2, box 1:  Add "Due to space limitation, trim R36
first and then solder it from the top side of the board."

6.  Page 43, column 1, box 1:  Add "The thermal pad is located inside the
Serial Number envelope."

7.  Page 45, column 2, box 2:  Add "C78 is located on the bottom of the
board."

8.  Page 49, column 1 needs extensive revision.  The drawing (Figure
10-3) needs to be redone to more accurately depict the parts in the kit.
The parts in the drawing, especially the "housing", need better
descriptions.  The text needs to:  accurately describe the housing; agree
with the description in the parts list; and tell which bag has the
housing in it.

I also feel that a complete list of needed tools should be provided in
the manual,  including: a temperature-controlled soldering iron and how
to set it, thin solder (specify size/type), a digital multimeter (and a
brief description of how to use one - I had to learn as I went), wire
cutters to cut board components, a grounded wrist strap, possibly a small
vise, a dummy load (specify what its rated load should be) and the kinds
of coax cable typically used to connect to an antenna or dummy load.
Most of these items (but not all) are listed in various places on the
Elecraft web site.  The web site needs to contain a more complete list of
tools/supplies, along with an explanation of how to use a digital
multimeter and how to use a dummy load. As a beginning builder, I was
surprised that there were some things I needed along the way that were
not listed there (chiefly the dummy load).

Thoughts/comments?

Jeff