Elecrafters

I'm at the alignment part III for my K2 #4155. The first step, on 40
mtrs setting Power control for 2 watts and adjusting L1 and L2 for
maximum power out in Tune mode gives me 3 watts. When I change Power
setting first to 5 watts then to 10 watts in Tune mode I get about 6+
and 12+ watts respectively. At 10 watt setting current in Tune is about
2.25.

Should I back off on L1 and L2 to give only 2 watts with Power set to 2
or should I leave it at max?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Joe
K4NVJ