This is what makes QRP a blast. At 1AM this morning
I thought I would take a last listen on 40 Meters with
my K1 before going to bed.
A giant pile-up at 7011 and up. It was the YV0
from Aves Island (10 most wanted). My K1 uses
a Outbacker on a tripod in the back yard and battery
power. So I thought I would give the K1 a try before
going QRO... He was listening up and as soon as he
got within my 4Khz XIT, I called. About 5 minutes later
he was in the log. QRP!
Today an ARRL bulletin said they were packing up and
leaving early due to storm on the way. Aves is only
abt 2 feet above sealevel....
Life is Good!  So is QRP!   YV0 'All Time New One'
73,  Good DX    Art  W6KY    K1-2  K1-4