I had a BSA Gold Star. Single cylinder 500cc bike. Leaked oil nicely; like a good English bike should. The starting procedure was quite refined also. Parts fell off as you rode. At times the vibrations got so bad the timing would jump out of sync and you'd be stuck by the side of the road rebuilding and timing your motor. But the best was Lighting by Lucas, Prince of Darkness! I miss it!! I don't think the PIC chips would stay in their sockets if you took your K2 on a trip.
   Kevin.   KD5ONS

I miss riding my friend's Ariel Square Four too.
   KJR

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 12:52:02 -0700, Bob Baxter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Here is me thinking that an HRD (later to become Vincent, HRD) is a pre
WWII
British motorcycle and how on earth it could run a K2?

With Lucas electrics??<g> Hey, they made them until about 1952. I lusted
for one but bought a Royal Enfield Meteor instead because they were $400
cheaper.

Bob Baxter AA7EQ
Bisbee, Az.