I'm having some strange experiences aligning the K1 transmitter. After
following the procedure carefully, I put the radio in tune mode, and properly
tuned the inductors for the 30m band. I got a reading of p3.1. I then started
to tune the 20m band, which unfortunately showed p0.1. I fiddled around with
the inductors, but got no power output on this band. I had a suspicion that the
radio wasn't outputting any power, so I returned to the 30m band, put the radio
in tune mode again, and it turned out that the power reading was now p0.1. I
have attempted tuning and retuning the radio for the past several days on both
bands, and sometimes I am successful. However, only minutes after a successful
tuning session, power output drops to 0.

In addition to this problem, I am getting an occasional e42 error when I turn
the radio on and even when I am in mid-use. To cure this problem, I simply
jiggle capacitor c5 around. It gets rid of the e42 error but causes the
frequency to drift slightly. I checked for shorts and bad solder joints in the
VFO and throughout the board, but everything checks out fine. I have also
checked and rechecked voltages and resistances across the whole
board--everything is fine.

If anyone has experienced this problem before, I would greatly appreciate some
help.  Thank you.

David Steines
[EMAIL PROTECTED]