>I'm having some strange experiences aligning the K1 transmitter. After
following the procedure carefully, I put the radio in tune mode, and
properly tuned the inductors for the 30m band. I got a reading of p3.1. I
then started to tune the 20m band, which unfortunately showed p0.1. I
fiddled around with the inductors, but got no power output on this band.
I had a suspicion that the radio wasn't outputting any power, so I
returned to the 30m band, put the radio in tune mode again, and it turned
out that the power reading was now p0.1. I have attempted tuning and
retuning the radio for the past several days on both bands, and sometimes
I am successful. However, only minutes after a successful tuning session,
power output drops to 0.<

>If you have an older K1, they had a problem with the trimming capacitors
needing "set" in that the electrical contact was not up to par - so turn
them around about ten to twenty times. The newer K1's do not have this
problem - but it won't hurt to turn them anyway. Some people could not
align
them at all until they turned them 20 or so turns.<

Dave mentioned tuning the inductors on 20 and 30 meters...If it involves
tuning inductors, the K1 is a 2 band unit and does not have trimmer
capacitors...

Jerry, wa2dkg