Would think the marking for a 27pF capacitor of 271 in the K2 manual  may be
an error when compared to the markings for similar values. For  example: C43
on the RF board, 33pF is marked 330. The usual notation of this  type of
capacitors is the first two digits are the first part of the value and  the
last
digit is the number of zeros after this with a 0  (zero) meaning no added zero
at
the end and a 1 indicating an added  zero.

However it seems that this rule can be broken when it suits the
manufacturer. This highlights the benefit of having a capacitance meter either
in a DVM
or a LCR meter being invaluable when such questions arise to be  sure. As a
matter of personal policy I checked the value of all capacitors and  resistors
before insertion when building my K2. Can save a lot of grief  later.

Bob, G3VVT
K2 #4168