>I *really* need one for my KX1. I have trashed 2 or 3 pots by
>compression when carrying it in my waist pack.

I've always thought that rigs like the KX1 with top-mounted controls are
especially prone to this type of damage, with the controls spead out over a
larger surface area.  When the controls are all on a smaller end panel, it's
easier to protect them.  The KX1 needs a custom clamshell that can be snapped
over the top.

Personally, I hate top-mounted controls, regardless of how often they have been
lauded (without any credible evidence) as "trail-friendly."  I think the main
reason for having top-mounted controls is that it's easier to attach the
controls to the main PCB.

73,
Mike / KK5F