I have been battling a problem with my sideband adapter for the K2. The receive audio on both sidebands (upper is much worse than lower) sounds very thin. When a station is not tuned, the received static has a tiny "shrill" quality. I used spectrogram to align the filters and the curves produced very closely resemble those depicted in N0SS instructions. Yes, I have checked that the BFO settings are appropriate to the "lowest pitch" of the BFO range. I have redone the alignments several times and still get the same result. Compared to my other rigs, the K2 is much thinner and is reminiscent of an old 6 transistor radio compared to a boom box. Even with an external speaker (A Collins 312B-3) the sound is objectionable. I aligned the CW filters in the same way and they work normally. It is fair to say that I have never been happy with the sound on sideband. I have checked the SSB adapter board for assembly errors, but have found none. It is clear that I am either making a systematic error in the alignment procedure, or there is something wrong with the adapter. Any and all thoughts would be appreciated.

Fred Bongard
WB6JLL