Tom and all,

This method is good technically, BUT...

Since most digital mode software also has provision for PTT (yes, it requires building a simple interface), I would never advocate the use of VOX for digital modes except perhaps in an emergency - it is too easy to forget to turn off the 'Windows' sounds and the noises made by other programs which will cause 'playing music' on the ham bands!!! Just not a legal thing to do for amateur radio here in the US. Even if one does not have the PTT interface, I consider it better to use manual changeover than to transmit prohibited emissions.

73,
Don W3FPR

----- Original Message ----- Activate VOX on K2 and put ur fsk software into tx. Adjust soundcard outout to the point where vox is trigging and holding K2 in tx.
Set fsk software into rx and check that the K2 is going in rx as well.

The line in has to be muted so K2 AF does not return to mic via PC.

This workes very well for me and the setup act as there was hardware keying.
For this the vox in the K2 works superb. I don't think it's clumsy at all.