Hi Henry,

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 K4TMC wrote:

>Just received the latest issue (9-10/2004) of NCJ (National Contest Journal)
with the feature article: Use of Comparative Analysis to Estimate the DX
Prowess of HF Receivers, by SP7HT.

>Again, the only real competition are radios that cost many times more than
the K2 - Orion and IC7800.

>This is an 8-page article with a 2.5 page spreadsheet chart comparing over 25
HF rig receivers with pertient data from the ARRL test reports.  There is
good discussion of why the data is important and direct comparison between the
different numbers from rig to rig.

>This is surely worthy of posting on the Elecraft web page when it becomes
available.

        Well I finally got my copy today almost 1 week later even though
we live in the same state!  In his review, SP7HT used 5 kHz data for
BDR and IMD, believing that ARRL's 1 kHz data on their swept graphs was
invalid.  In fact, it IS valid (I confirmed this with KC1SX today) and
the results would be quite different had he used the 1 kHz data.

73, Bill W4ZV (K2 #4119)