On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Geoff, how did you get a fixing on the tree at 80 feet! I have a poplar
tree here at about 60 feet high but only got a fixing at 30 feet. I lost my
bottle to climb any higher hi.

A slingshot, several sizes of fishing line (start with the small stuff),
and a lead fishing weight. We've gotten it up ~100 feet. You tie the
small fishing line to the weight, shoot it up, then bigger line and pull
the smaller line up, and then tie rope to the bigger line.

Of course, I don't know if slingshots are illegal where you are. Here,
they sell them to kids.

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - [EMAIL PROTECTED]