I have notice some traffic here of late where folks give as the reason
they
sold their K2 is, the "multi push button" operation. I use one of the K2
control programs, K24U, to great advantage. So much so and since it did not
do everything the way I wanted it to, wrote one of my own that displays and
accesses all the pertinent controls for my modes of operation in a very user
friendly manner. No designs on profiting from it, it is custom for me.
        My point is, the K2, an exceptional rig on its own, can be enhanced by
one
of the many packages available or a "roll your own". The K2 programming
interface is very friendly and a pleasure to work with. Someday, considering
my age, someone else will own K2 #4028, but until that day, it will remain
right here, at my beck and call, providing me with the most fun I have ever
experienced in ham radio in over 51 years as a ham, but then I really like
to build and tinker.
        Next Elecraft kit, KAT100 for my 72nd b'day.

73 Jim, W4ATK
K2/100 #4028