Hi Joe:

I believe you said you preferred the K6XX design over KR5L, so my current thinking is to build the K6XX version. I don't know why I want to build the tuning indicator because I do alright with matching tones using the K2 SPOT function. Would you care to share why you haven't built the LED tuning indicator? I know, you like to use the SPOT !

I've never really needed it! I've been doing aural zero beating for so many years (46 now) that I can usually get within a few tens of Hz even without hearing the sidetone, and within 10 Hz when using the sidetone.

For those who haven't developed to knack, or who just like bells (err, LEDs) 'n whistles, the CW Tuning Indicator is a nice adjunct.

Tom