Andrea Borgia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Another (partially related) question: would you recommend the KX1 over
>the K1 to someone who only marginally appreciates the extremely limited
>weight? I do appreciate not having to bother with an external battery or >with a rather expensive option, though, and most of my activity is on 20 >and 40m. When it comes to filtering and rx performance, is the K1 really
>so much better than the KX1 or can the difference be ignored for
>practical purposes?

The two rigs are different but there is some overlap.
Performance is pretty similar although after using both rigs for
some time I think the the K1 RX is a bit more sensitive and
selective but the difference is not large.

My suggestion is to look at how you intend to use the rig
and use that criteria to choose which rig to buy.

Will this rig be used primarily in the shack or for portable / field operations?

The K1 is probably a better all round QRP rig suitable for both home
and field use, however if you intend to primarily operate the rig portable
or perhaps stationary mobile most of the time then the KX1 form factor
and size are a plus. If you are into backpacking then the KX1 wins.
The K1 is a very compact and light rig in its own right and makes an
excellent portable rig that is equally at home in the shack.

It is a tough decision, thats why I have both rigs ;-) !

Michael VE3WMB