> Hello All,
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions for calibrating a
> Bird 43 and the respective slugs? I picked up a used
> one and would like to check it out.
>
> Thanks,
> Julius
> n2wn

 Lab cal is done by puting power through it measured with a
known standard. Adjustment is done with pot acessable
after prying off metal label. Check at highest and lowest
and in the middle somewere. Bird rates them at +/- 5%, but
I have yet to see one better than +/- 10%. They are great
for rugged outdoor use, and peaking signal, but no one
I know relies on them for precise measurements of power.
                                                Roy AB7CE
                                                NIST RF Lab Tech