Dave,

Have you read the information in the "Circuit Details" section of the K2 manual? It contains a good description of the synthesized VCO operation in the RF board Sheet 1 section. That information coupled with a careful study of the schematic should give you the operation details that you request (the DAC sizes are indicated in the schematic, so you can extrapolate the step sizes from that info). I am not aware of any documents that elaborate further - the code in the firmware that drives all this 'magic' is Elecraft proprietary.

73,
Don W3FPR