Wow...  I guess that is not a QRP rig if you have that much power !

My external power meter said I was getting nearly 4 watt from my KX1.
The test equipment at work said it was 3.1 W.  It is hard to make
accurate measurements at these lower power levels with typical equipment
"designed" for "hams".

My kx1 paddles the screw was "just barely long enough". I had used a lockwasher that was just too thick. I have put a very thin one in there. It is not the strongest attachment a person could design, but this rig was designed for portability, not combat. I guess
I am getting two hole turns in there.

Isn't the female threads for the paddles a pressed-in nut ? (In the U.S. they are called "PEM nuts" (the initials of a popular screw manufacturer ). You might find a capable amateur machinist and see if that one could be pressed out and a metric one installed in it's place. Perhaps you could even let us yankees know how to obtain metric versions of
the pressed-in nut and the screw :-)

Congratulations on your kit.
You will surely use it on the air a lot !

de WB9JTK  KX1 s.n. 861

The paddle itself works just great, but the captive thumbscrew that is
there to lock the paddle to the KX1 frontpanel appears to have been not
threaded properly till the very end of its thread. As I didn't have a non-metric threading die at hand I applied some force (with plyers Some other notes that maybe somebody on the list can comment on: