Hi all,

Thanks to all who responed to my question on  the  VCO
alighment where I only had 8.0 v on the left side of R30  and couldn't
adjust it by L30.
That ended up to be my uneasiness to turn L30.      I went to 20 meters
were the voltage was lower than 8v(abt 4.5) and I could see where L30 was
working
and saw what direction to adjust it.    OK now.  It ended up near the top of
the can.

  New problem is on the IF amp alignment page 64 in manual.   I get just
very little hiss with headphones with the AF gain to max and can't even
hear the internaly - generated signal   I even hooked up an antenna and
could not hear any signals.      I tried tweaking  L1 and L2 to no avail...
I was afraid to tweak them to much.

I then tried hooking up the headphone output to the computer mic in ( no
display at all on line in) using  Spectorgram  and had  noise displayed but
no trace of a signal , by the way the  mic gain was in the middle.     Then
i tried tweaking L1 and L2 but could see no change.   Should I be able to
see the internally generated signal with spectrogram?

 Every adjusment on pages 60 to 63  went ok.

Just got my XG! test occilator today and put it together tonite and did a
little troubleshooting.
  I have the K2 set for  7040 Khz  and the XG1 on 50uv and i am getting at the
W2 jumper  a 42 mv p-p 11955khz signal (using a scope  and the internal freq
counter).  There is nothing at the W3 jumper, not getting thur the crystal
filter.     BUT,  should not that be a 4.9136 IF  signal? I get the same freq
signal at the collector of Q22, the post-mixer amp.

Anyone have any suggestions or am I barking up the wrong trail.

Tnx again in advance .

Jerry  n2uz
[EMAIL PROTECTED]