Yep. Not only that, you'll have hum on the transmitted signal a well, Tom.

I think there's a warning in the documentation to keep the K2 a way from
strong transformer fields.

Three years ago I discovered hum on my K2 that went away every time I opened
it up to check things out. Maddening. Hum while operating then no hum while
investigating!

Then I noticed the obvious. I was removing the K2 from its perch on top of
my power supply when I opened it up to look for the source of the hum...

I have an Astron 20 amp for my K2/100 and it sits on a stool UNDER the
operating table. That keeps the table clear for other things and keeps the
AC magnetic field out of the K2.

Ron AC7AC