Hi all,
Just thought I would let you know I fixed my problem with the 60m and
160m installs.  I checked and rechecked everything and all seemed fine
which had me scratching my head.  In the end, the problem was the
seating of the 60m board.  I think I had the 8 pin header connected but
not the 3 pin.  It is a swine to get right and you can't get your
fingers in to check but once I reinstalled it all sprung into life, joy
:-)

Now I could get onto the alignment.  I tuned everything but I cannot get
the 160m board within the 1v to 7.5v range and the 60m range is very
low.  These are the readings I am getting.  I have ignored those bands
where the readings are well within spec.

1800 - 3.1v     2000 - 7.99v
3500 - 2.6v     4000 - 7.49v
5300 - 1.0v     5450 - 1.45v

All the other bands are between 2.0v and 4.8v.  I shifted the vco to get
60m in spec and I guess this is why 160m is out but why does the 60m
band have such low values?  I cannot get more than about 6w out on 160m.

Any thoughts?

Ian
--
Ian Maude G0VGS Morecambe Lancs UK | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sysop of GB7MBC, the Morecambe Bay Cluster

Find out about Summits on the Air!
Visit the SOTA web site at http://www.sota.org.uk