Mike and all,

The Wireman www.thewireman.com lists both the ICE balanced line arrestor and their CQ brand. I have used the CQ brand for some time now - it is a simple spark gap type (like the gap on a spark plug - in fact, this arrestor does use 2 spark plugs). You COULD build your own with spark plugs threaded into a heavy grounded copper bar, but at $19.95 doing the metalwork involved may not be worthwhile unless you have a home shop.

73,
Don W3FPR