Rich KD6WYK brought in his Korg CA-20 musical instrument tuner.

See pictures at
http://wa5znu.org/log/2004/11/rich-kd6wyk-brought-in-his-korg-ca-20.html

We calculated that to match a 600 Hz CW tone as a D, we would need to tell the tuner that A was 449 Hz instead of 440 Hz.

I turned on the KX1 sidetone and we got a match by setting A=445hz, which works out to 594Hz.

I suspect the Korg tuner is more accurate than the KX1 sidetone, hi hi.

There is a swing-needle indicator (done with an LCD panel) and two red and one green LED to indicate hi/low/right on.

The green LED lights at +/- 3 cents, which is +/- 18Hz at 600Hz, though the needle indicator is more sensitive.

At $20 it makes a fun CW tuning accessory.
There is also a CA-30 which can take in a reference note and pitch match it, and a variety of other ones available at your local music store on on the web. Rich recommends Gryffin Stringed Instruments in if you're in Palo Alto.

By the way, the external amplified speaker is a Radio Shack 277-1008c, about $13 off the shelf.